Web design process
We make the web design process straightforward. Here’s how it works.
- We help you plan your site and organise your content.
- We design its architecture and user interface, creating detailed mockups that show you exactly how the finished site will look.
- We develop the code that makes the whole thing work, turning the approved designs into functioning pages you can edit.
- We keep on testing all the way through the process, making sure the site is accessible, and displays properly on all kinds of browsers and devices.
- When everyone is happy with the results, we press the launch button and your site is live.
Ready to get started? Download our project planner
Looking for a slightly more detailed summary of our web design and development process? Here are some extra bullet points.
- Assisting the client in defining the site’s audience and objectives
- Exploration of opportunities and challenges
- Content planning
- Designing the site architecture: structure and navigation
- Designing any dynamic features, such as content management
- Establishing the site ‘look and feel’ in line with identity guidelines and agreed objectives
- Researching visual resources
- Creating a visual mock-up of the design for client sign-off
- Creating the templates and code that implement the design
- Integrating dynamic features
- Populating the templates with content
Testing (concurrent with development)
- Quality control
- Standards compliance; browser and platform compatibility
- Launching the site once signed off by client
Maintenance and support
- Adding new features as needed and dealing with issues that may arise